Thirsties One Size Pocket DiaperThirsties One Size Pocket Diapers are a two piece cloth diaper system designed to provide superior leak protection. Simply place an absorbent insert into the pocket of the cloth diaper and fasten it on your baby. A waterproof outer, soft stay-dry microfleece against baby's skin, and two included inserts make this pocket cloth diaper a great addition to your stash. As a one size cloth diaper, it can be used from 8-40 lbs.
One unique feature of this cloth diaper is the pocket opening. It has openings on both sides of the pocket allowing for easier stuffing. As an added bonus, you don't need to remove the insert before washing. The inserts will agitate out in the wash.
- A two-piece cloth diapering system combining an absorbent insert and a waterproof sleeve diaper
- An adjustable rise for extended use to suit your growing baby
- One size will fit from 8-40 lbs.
- Leg gussets provide superior protection against leaks
- Sleeve design for easy stuffing & easy cleaning
- Microfiber & hemp inserts combine for optimal absorption; 8 layers in all!
- Choose between hook and loop or snap closures
- Made in the USA.
Each Thirsties One Size Pocket Diaper comes with two inserts. The newborn microfiber insert has 3 layers of absorbency. The standard hemp jersey insert has 5 layers of absorbency. The two inserts can be used together or separately. When used together they provide a super absorbent combination that helps prevent leaks. When the fast-absorbing microfiber side is up against baby's skin, it quickly wicks moisture into the body of the diaper. The moisture absorbs into the super absorbent hemp jersey insert which reduces leakage due to compression.
When you receive your Thirsties diaper, you will need to wash the shell and microfiber insert once before using. The hemp insert needs to be washed and dried at least 3 times before first use. For these wash cycles do not wash the hemp with your other diapering products because the natural oils in the hemp can get onto your diapers. After 3 washes, the hemp can be washed with your other diapering items. The hemp inserts can be used after 3 washes, but won't be fully absorbent until they have gone through 8 wash and dry cycles.
On wash day, start with a warm prewash followed by a hot wash. Do an extra rinse on warm. Hang the shells to dry or dry them in the dryer on low. The inserts can be line dried or dried in the dryer.
- Do not overstuff the washer. Make sure there is enough room for the diapers and inserts to move around.
- Do not use laundry additives.
- Do not use the sanitize or white cycle on HE machines.
- Do not dry shells on high heat (with the exception of 15 minutes a month to benefit the lamination).
- Do not use pure soap.
- Do not use bleach.
- Outer: 100% polyester with waterproof urethane coating
- Inner: 100% polyester microfleece
- Newborn Insert: 100% polyester microfiber terry
- Standard Insert: 55% hemp, 45% cotton