Snappi - Diaper Fastener
Description coming soon!
Product sku: snp-001
Snappi or Snappis Baby Diaper Fastener
The Snappi Diaper Fastener revolutionized cloth diapering! Over 40 million have sold worldwide. It is a SAFE, HYGIENIC and EASY to use fastener that offers a practical and reliable way to fasten a cloth diaper, replacing the diaper pin. It comes in a variety of colors and is made from a stretchable non-toxic material, which is T-shaped with grips on each end. These grips hook into the cloth diaper fabric to ensure a snug-fitting cloth diaper with enough natural movement for the baby.
The Snappi fastener is manufactured from FDA approved raw materials, a polyester based polyurethane which is degradable on aging through hydrolysis and/or microbiological attack. It contains NO latex or any other adulterant, dilutent or modifying polymers. The composition is 100% polyurethane. It is made in South Africa.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
- STRETCH the Snappi fastener before its first use. The stretching triggers the 'memory' of the Snappi to return to its original size and in so doing, pulls the cloth diaper together to the middle to allow for a snug fit. This is essential for the Snappi to work properly. This is done by holding the Snappi in the center with one hand and close to the end of the leg (not by the rings) with the other hand and s-t-r-e-t-c-h a few times (10 or so). As you do this you should feel how the material 'softens' or gets more elastic. Follow this stretching procedure with each leg. The Snappi is then ready to go!
- Make sure that your Snappi is ATTACHED SECURELY. It is important that the Snappi "leg" being attached be stretched as far as possible before hooking it into the cloth diaper. In other words:
s-t-r-e-t-c-h and hook right,
s-t-r-e-t-c-h down and hook center so as to form a "Y" shape.
By doing this, the Snappi should be secure, the cloth diaper will fit snugly and the baby should not be able to undo it. Place cloth diaper cover over cloth diaper and Snappi fastener.
NOTE: Snappi's WORK BEST with cotton prefolds (Chinese or DSQ), terry cloth diapers and other cloth diapers with a loose enough weave for the Snappi to hook into. They do not work well with tightly woven cloth diapers such as flannel diapers.
- ALWAYS use a cloth diaper cover when using a Snappi fastener on your baby's cloth diaper.
- Keep out of children's reach when not in use!
- Do not use your Snappi for longer than 6 months.
- Do not leave your Snappi lying in the sun as it is not UV resistant and can reduce the effectiveness of the Snappi.
CARE: Clean your Snappi in hot soapy water. Do not launder them with cloth diapers in the washer as this may weaken the grip attachment.
CAUTION: Any tear in the Snappi can lead to separation of a piece, presenting a possible choking hazard. Inspect your Snappi before each use and discontinue using immediately if there is any sign of cracking, tearing, breakage or wear of the teeth or any other parts. Do not cut your Snappi as this may cause tearing.